About this new big girl bed thing:
1. Being able to kiss her goodnight before I go to bed.
2. Putting a little surprise pile of books at the foot of her bed so that she can read in bed after a nap.
3. Teaching her to straighten up her bed (we try anyway!)
4. Quiet reading time is now quiet room time, but it is even more wonderful now that she has a choice of things to do.
Things still on the burner for this summer:
1. Deciding whether or not to nix the pacifier before baby comes or let her still have it at night and naptime to get her through the rough patches. I'm thinking ahead to mommy - in - the - hospital times! Any advice??
2. We've been talking a lot about the potty. She goes occasionally, but I'd like to try to conquer this before there is an infant around.
Things that are status quo:
1. Our begonia is still living, and thriving!!
2. Spring cleaning is going to drift into summer :-)
3. Mr. S is doing a lot of organizing, and I'm sooooo thankful for his help.
4. Sciatica is on again, off again ... but we are doing well with it. Lena is helping me pick things up off of the floor so I don't have to bend over. She's so grown up now!
5. Mr. S and I have had such nice times together lately - whether it be cooking in our snug kitchen, talking until late in the night wrapped in blankets, or laughing until we feel sick. (If you know Mr. S well, you'll know that he loves to be funny, and his wife loves to laugh at him)! It has been really refreshing to me - and I'm thankful for it.
Just a brief update - hope everyone is well!!!!!