Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sariah Grace

Deep breath. My baby is ONE. ONE! A baby no longer. 


There are no words to describe how much we adore every inch of you, little Miss Sariah Grace! Last year this time, I was preparing to go to bed, so pregnant with you that I had trouble getting into bed on my own. And then I woke up suddenly at 3:30am in intense pain, and I knew it was time to meet you. I remember the first time I saw you, and how we spent so much snuggle time in our hospital room. I just gazed at your little sweet face. I sang to you in the middle of the night, and you fit so perfectly in the space between my head and my shoulder.

 But now you are a big girl, Gracie Grace. Your hair is longer and curlier, your grin is mischievous, you are starting to talk and you are almost walking. There are so many ways that I love you. I love your little face, and your funny personality. I love to see you reaching for your sisters first thing in the morning. I love to watch your little cheeks go up and down when you are eating something crunchy. I love it when you look around and break into a huge smile when you see me. At least once a week, Selena and Shana say "Thank you Mama, for giving us Sariah."

 And do you know what Mama does? Mama breathes a prayer of thanks to God for having entrusted you to us. I can't wait to see how you grow and develop this year. There are so many things to look forward to. But a part of me wants to keep you this way forever because you are just so special to me.

However, that is not how life works. You must grow, and parenthood is a series of letting go little by little. All I can do is snuggle your little self when I can, teach you what I can, and enjoy. every. wonderful. moment of YOU.

                                                  Happy ONE, my adorable Gwacies.
                                                        Mama


2 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Happy birthday!!

Tera said...

Happy birthday to all of your Autumn babies! :)