Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday - CLR Kitchen and Bath Cleaner



Now, I don't usually promote products on this blog, but the wonderful ladies at 5 minutes for Mom host a Tackle it Tuesday every week. I've never participated before, but for this week they partnered with CLR for a Kitchen and Bath Tackle!


To the left is the product I used. As you know, I just had a baby ten days ago, so I'm looking for easy, people.

Problem areas in my house that I had time to tackle:
  • Master bathroom shower door (soap scum): I sprayed the CLR on the door, waited a couple of minutes, and wiped with a towel. It definitely worked on the soap scum. My husband is going to be a happy man. He's been trying different products on that door for months!
  • Bathroom sink fixtures: May I say that CLR works wonderfully on stainless steel fixtures? It works especially well on that yucky, grimy, buildup around the edge of the faucet.
  • Grout on bottom of shower - especially in the corners: It didn't score a 10 here, but it did clean it nicely. It just didn't get it nice and white. I did read on the website, that a brush may need to be used, so maybe I'll do that next time.
  • Stove: Just sprayed and wiped! It was easy smeasy.

Kitchen Sink: Did I mention that CLR works wonderfully on stainless steel? It isn't that the other products I use don't clean the sink thoroughly. Its just that this is more of a two step process: spray and wipe. Oh - and if you let it settle for a couple of minutes before you wipe, it works better.

Another thing I like about this product is that it doesn't contain any ammonia or bleach. I've been pretty much using all natural stuff - so this is important to me.

I'm pretty impressed with this product - and I'd definitely buy it and recommend it to others. Overall, it gets an 8 out of 10 from me. That's pretty good, especially for someone picky like myself :-)