Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Love Is Bouncing off the Walls!

In our house, love is bouncing off the walls! Shana Elizabeth is here, and we are so thankful for God's blessing to our family. We can't stop kissing and hugging our two girls.


Photobucket

Shana arrived Friday, October 10th after a very long labor of 20 hours. I had been to the doctor on Thursday, and I was 1 cm dilated. After my appointment, we all went out to eat, and had a great time. I was having contractions, but they weren't bad at all.



By 11pm I was definitely laboring, and we were timing my contractions on the computer. They were coming anywhere from 3-5 minutes apart. We called my parents to come and watch Selena at about 12:10 am. By this time, I was bending over my bed face down, breathing through each contraction.



I went to Lena's room to kiss her and breathe a soft prayer that the experience wouldn't be too hard on her. I told her "I love you," very quietly so as not to wake her.



We arrived at the hospital at 2ish, and began our really long labor experience. It was four times as long as my labor with Selena ... but no matter. It was all totally, completely, wonderfully worth it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shana Elizabeth
7lbs, 20 inches long
born 10-10-08 at 4:46pm
Photobucket

20 comments:

Stacy said...

WOO HOO!

I was just waiting for you to post the news on your blog!

Congratulations again on your beautiful new Shana Elizabeth!

~Stacy

Kristin said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations on adding another little girl to your family! From the pictures it looks as though Selena is loving having a new sister :)

Cathy said...

Shana is a very pretty baby with all that hair. I believe little Lena is fascinated by her, isn't she. You really did have a long labor for the second one. It's wonderful to see all that love there. :o)

Anna Naomi said...

Congratulations! Aw... she's so cute! Enjoy your new baby!

Sarah said...

How completely beautiful and precious! Congratulations!
Love, Sarah

Beka said...

Rejoicing with you... and we love those girls too!

Hope all is going well, and Lord willing, I'll see you sometime later on this week.

Sending lots of love and hugs,
auntie beka

Cosette said...

She's absolutely beautiful! And you are glowing yourself!! Congratulations, I am soo happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Big smile :-)))!! I was so happy to see this picture, checking in on your blog!
Many many congratulations. Wonderful pictures of love and happiness.

Welcome Shana!

Victoria xxx

Amanda said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad that you both are doing well. Rest well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tera said...

Congratulations, Beverly! I've been thinking about you and praying for you because I knew it would be soon! She is beautiful...what gorgeous hair! You look fabulous as always! God's blessings to you and your growing family.

Sara said...

these are beautiful pictures Bev, and Shana is so precious! I am so happy for your family, and that God kept you and Shana safe through the pregnancy.
Can't wait to see you both soon!
~Sara

Andrea said...

Beverly,
Congratulations! She is so beautiful! And YOU don't look like you labored for 20 hours!! absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhhhh, I am absolutely melting! Welcome to the world little beauty - you have an amazing family!

Many blessings to all of you and lots of strength for that first time to get settled.

Thanks Beverly for sharing all those beautiful pictures!

Tanya said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I've been thinking about you all week. Your girls are GORGEOUS!! And I've never seen a woman look so good after labor. :)

By the way, they always say the first is the hardest. My experience was like yours: my second took a LOT longer to come than the first.

Kristina said...

Beverly, congrats, congrats! The photographs are terrific, and your girls are beautiful :)

Kristina

Mimi said...

Congratulations!!!!
Shana is a beautiful baby...and her big sister is so adorable holding her...

Everyday Oils with Kim said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby & family. Enjoy! Just found your lovely blog, I'll be back. We share a love for Elizabeth George's books.

TO BECOME said...

Just beautiful Beverly, God has so blest you and your family. May you always love and serve Him with you whole hearts so your girls will lean to love Him as much and I know that you will. God bless and keep you all. connie

Jodi said...

Congratulations Beverly and family! I just stopped by from Stacy's blog and had to let you know how absolutely darling your girls are. Our youngest daughter was born in July, and I can't believe she was as tiny as your Shana just three months ago! Enjoy her so much!

Jodi said...

Congratulations to all and Welcome Shana Elizabeth! I love the pictures with the girls together. Sisters are so special!