Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Book Meme

Photobucket


Andrea from The Flourishing Mother tagged me for this fun meme. Thank you, Andrea.


There are five rules to participating in this meme:


1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).


2.Open the book to page 123.


3.Find the fifth sentence.


4.Post the next three sentences.


5.Tag five people.

Here is the book I will be using (I HIGHLY recommend it):

The One-Year Book of Christian History
By E. Michael & Sharon Rusten / Tyndale House

What happened on this date in church history? From ancient Rome to the twenty-first century, from peasants to presidents, from missionaries to martyrs, this book shows how God does extraordinary things though ordinary people every day of the year. Each story appears on the day and month that it occurred and includes questions for reflection and a related Scripture verse. A remarkable journey through church history that will both instruct and inspire you! Spanning 2,000 years, 365 stories about peasants, presidents, missionaries, martyrs, and others show how God has accomplished extraordinary things through ordinary people---every day of the year. Encouraging Scripture and thought-provoking questions help you apply what you've learned to your own life.

p123 6th sentence: "Graham was honored and recalled another funeral that gave him hope that he would see his friend again in heaven: 'Before his mother's funeral service, he talked with me for a few minutes about her faith.'

'Dick, do you have that same kind of faith?' I asked.

'I believe I do,' he said quietly ... that was his Quaker way, to keep piety private...'"

I'm not going to specifically tag anyone because I know this meme went around before, and I have no idea who has already done it. If you'd like to, consider yourself tagged!!

Hopefully before the week is out (I know, I have three days) I will post another Treasured Moments ;-)