Thursday, August 30, 2007

More Tears

The Lord has brought tears again, but we know that He is good and faithful to His promises. He will not forsake us.

Please pray for my dear friend, Elise, who is very likely dear to you too. Please pray that she will feel the peace that passes all understanding. Pray that the process will happen naturally for her. Pray for her dear husband and precious children.

Last night, while eating- out, we received a phone call. We are shaken. Some very, very dear friends who have been so faithful to the Lord, were murdered yesterday. They are now experiencing unspeakable joy in the presence of the Lord. We are grieving, but not for them -- they will never feel pain again.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
" We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed..."


Our God is both Loving and Sovereign ... we know this, and can rest in it.

7 comments:

Beka said...

Yes, He IS both loving and sovereign, and what a comfort that is.
I was just about to post about these sorrowful events... and then came over and saw this. That verse from II Corinthians is one of my favorites.

sparrow's song said...

May those left behind find peace and comfort in His Love. It's so hard to lose close friends and loved ones. Even Jesus wept at the death of Lazarus. My deepest sympathies to all involved.

Blessings to you, Beverly.

Stacy said...

Yes. Praying for Elise, and I will pray for your other friends, too. Goodness!

The verse I read yesterday was the one in John, I think- that says in this world we will have trouble, but He has overcome the world! YAY! Our God is mighty. And good. Always good.

Love to you!
~Stacy

Anonymous said...

So sad stories... I wonder how we'd do without the promise you posted - it is hard enough despite it. Will pray for both families this evening!

(((hugs)))

Helen

Mimi said...

we can know that the parents are with our Lord now... I will pray for you as you try to comfort the children in the loss of their parents....
God is with us during our times of loss and despair.. He is our comfort and strength...

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Yes... I feel that... perplexed, but not in despair. No, how can I, with warm bodies in my arms, and a husband's hand on my shoulder? And a Father whispering into my ear...Peace, Beloved...
You bring me His peace, dear friend. Thank you. All my love.

Beba said...

Praying for them! All. It brakes my heart, all of this!