Friday, August 01, 2008

Can It Be?

Photobucket
Can it be August already? I found myself dreaming of fall (my favorite season) last night while clearing up from dinner. Daddy and Lena went for a walk, and I was left alone. I lit a candle and enjoyed the intense quietness as I straightened up. The smell of the candle reminded me of those crisp, cool days that are soon to come.

But no! I don't want to live in the future because these days are too precious.

Clumsy me, bumbling and tripping around the house, the large grin of my husband when he looks at his two - no three! - girls, the beads of sweat on Lena's nose, blowing bubbles in the backyard ...

... meeting Daddy at a pizza place for lunch, Lena asking for "strawbears", our mouths stained with water ice, Lena misusing her pronouns, "Where is I Daddy?"

These are beautiful days that I don't want to forget. I want to capture them in my mind and be able to tell my children the stories of when they were young. Of course, we never know what the future holds, but that is all a part of His divine plan.

Photobucket***
"Thank you so much Lord - for now."
*** For those of you who have known me from childhood - isn't this a typical "bev" face?

9 comments:

- said...

Lovely memories, lovingly made and remembered.

Gorgeous photos!!

Have a great weekend together! x

Maxine said...

Yes, yes, cherish each moment. So quickly they're gone. So quickly today will be yesterday. I'm always glad when summer ends, but don't like to wish for the end to come quickly, just because we don't know what tomorrow brings. Does that make sense? Feeling a little melancholy today so pease forgive.
Well, at least I got to see the new hairdo again. Enjoy yourselves this weekend and hope to see you on Sunday.

Mimi said...

each day is a wonder of the Lord...
enjoy each one as it comes, and cherish the moments,,

Neesie said...

Ahhh, yes. That is a "Bev" face. :-)

Sara said...

that is the most ADORABLE picture of Lena!! I love the fall too, but I'm also enjoying the summer. I'll be sad when it's over. :(

Sara E. James said...

It so is a typical Bev face. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos - and oh yes, every moment is so precious and is worth to stay in hearts.

Sending a (((hug))).

Post another photo of you, will you? Bet the baby has really grown by now?

HOPE said...

Thank you so much Beverly for leaving a comment and for your prayers for my sweet Christian friend...she is in her last moments.

Please also remember a lady named Barb...I'll be posting about her..but I had a wonderful witness with her this weekend...she has terminal cancer also.

Take care and God bless..
Hope

TO BECOME said...

You are so right. Live in the Now. Make those beautiful memories to fill your heart. I did not know you as a child but I would say Yes, this is a tipical "Bev" face. A beautiful wonderful face full of life and love. connie from Texas