Saturday, May 17, 2008

She Did It! (follow up from last post)

Well, it appears that it was that easy! Last night went beautifully, except for a little hiccup at 4:11am. I heard her cry out, and found her sitting on the floor next to her bed. Her night light had blown out, and it was pitch black in her room! So I replaced the night light, tucked her back in and didn't hear from her again until morning.

Naptime was lovely, and we took the crib down soon after.

I just can't believe we have gone from this ...

Photobucket


To this ...

Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaawwwhhhh, this must be the most beautiful girl's bed I've ever seen! It fit's your precious Lena. And I can understand she loves it!

Mimi said...

Lena instinctively knew that she would be the BIG SISTER so it was time for her to move on up to the "Big Girl Bed" to make way for her new little baby...
Such wonderful memories you are making...

Sara said...

I can't believe how much she's grown!

Sara said...

btw, I LOVE that picture on the side of your blog with Lena and Mr. S. SO cute. :)

Stacy said...

Oh, I could cry! That top picture right there is very much where we are right now... a little one all swaddled up and tiny.
Your Lena is sure growing up! :)
What a cute big bed for a cute getting-big girl! :)

~Stacy

TO BECOME said...

Oh, Beverly the pictures made me cry. Time has passed so quickly. This made me remember the times with my children and it seems only yesterday that they each moved from crib to bed. Yes, they made me cry. Thank you for sharing them. connie from texas

Sarah said...

Horray for Lena! And for you. you give me courage to bite the bullet and do this with Chloe. June 1st was my goal. We're going to go straight to the twin box spring and mattress on the floor. She'll be sharing a room with Emma, so that's the part I'm most nervous about, them waking each other up, but they'll adjust right. Will you be finding out what you're having?
Sarah