Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October Occupations

For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen. Rom 11:36
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We are here, cozy in our little home while the rain pours outside. A crisp breeze ruffles the curtain. Lena is napping, and hubby is in his office ten minutes away - sorry but I'm still excited about that!
I may be coming down with the flu or some other such unwelcome guest, but life is peaceful and happy.
I love the rain because it makes me thankful for my home, my family, and the One Who has given me all of these things.
It makes me want to fill my home with good smells and tastes.
It makes me rush to put the tea kettle or coffee pot on.
It makes me gather a pile of books and my daughter to the sofa while we get "cuddly wuddly" under a blanket.
Oh - it makes me appreciate HOME so much!

8 comments:

Maxine said...

Enjoy your home and your day, but please feel better soon. Cuddle up and watch the Rockies/Sox game this evening!

Cathy said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling well and hope you are better soon. Everything about that post is lovely!

Beka said...

Such a lovely, cozy post! This weather we've been having makes me appreciate home so much, too!
Hope you're feeling better very soon.

Sarah said...

Thanks for painting this cozy picture this morning. I too love a rainy/snowy day! I think we're going to go hunt for leaves today before they've all blown away. The sun is shining brightly here, gotta soak it all in. I love the new picture of your and your daughter!
Sarah

sparrow's song said...

I have little doubt your home is the picture of coziness you've woven. It made me smile. Tea, please.

What a blessing to have your hubby only 10 minutes from the house.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, especially from any illness.

Stacy said...

Ahh... sounds so cozy and wonderful!
I love home, too! I am so thankful for this cozy season of hunkering down indoors against the rain and cold.
~Stacy

Mimi said...

such a cozy picture you paint of what most people think of as a dreary day...

Your love for the Lord and your family shines through you like a bright sunbeam :-)

Sara said...

I'm glad you were able to come out tonight Bev! So glad you're feeling better too. :)