Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sniff Sniff! Yup You're Thinking!

Whenever I start a sentence with "I was thinking ..." my jokester husband says, "Wait!" as he sniffs the air. He's sniffing to see if he smells something burning.

Ever since I entered the blogging community, I have been challenged to think many times. I am thankful to the Lord for all of you.

I was so blessed by my friend
Elise, when I read that she had tagged me as a blog that made her think, AND gave me the opportunity to share with all of you whose blogs make ME think. Thank you, my friend.

Drum roll please ... oh wait! I must state the rules of the Thinking Blogger Award:

1. If you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.


Here are the two versions of the award:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Okay, now to the fun part:

1. Elise, will you forgive me for listing your blog? I'm not tagging you as you've already done your five. I just simply couldn't leave A Path Made Straight out. I actually anticipate every post you make. You are a kindred spirit. Your style of writing hits at the core of my heart, and at the hearts of many other women. Your love for the Lord shines through. Thank you for making me think and remember my first love. "The tongue of the righteous is choice silver..." Proverbs 10:20a You are a loving mama and wife, and a good friend.

2. Beka. We have so much history. I am so proud of the way you express yourself on More Love to Thee. You are going to touch many people with your writings. You make me think -- online, and in real life too. If any of you haven't visited Beka to be blessed by her writings ... make haste and go! "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Phillipians 1:3

3. Andrea. I am so glad I discovered The Flourishing Mother. You have a lot of wisdom from your experiences, and you are kind enough to share it with the rest of us. I still have the broom poem on my refrigerator. You seem to know what to say to encourage us as wives and mothers. "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11

4. Kristen. I miss you! For all of you reading, Kristen is taking care of a new member of her family, and undoubtedly doesn't have time to post at her blog, Walking Circumspectly. You are a deep thinker, and you convey that in your writings. I appreciate your knowledge of the Word of God. "Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments." Psalm 112:1

5. And last but not least, Mrs Catherine, over at Making It Home. You make me think, about saving money, about cooking and baking, about Scripture, and about caring for my home. I appreciate you and the resources you share with all of us. Thank you. I know you have been an inspiration to others as well. I keep meaning to add you to my sidebar here at Blogger. "Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:10

Thank you to all of you for making me think. I appreciate all of the ladies that I read. I have met some fairly recently who have also made me think, but I could only list five here. I agreed not to list my mommy, who always makes me think, but I just wanted to mention her.

"Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy -- meditate on these things."

Philippians 4:8

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Beverly--
What kind words...I have enjoyed getting to know you better through your blog as well. You have a beautiful family and such uplifting thoughts. I have been meaning to update my blogroll and add you, and I finally did!!
Thank you!

Maxine said...

Such a nice group of ladies. I can attest to what you said about the first two and I think I need to start checking out the other three!
Beautiful Scriptures for each.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say! I am so very touched and honored and...touched! Thank you for including me in such a wonderful list of ladies and that you would consider me a part of them. I can't take any credit...it all goes to Him!

Thank you...you have truly touched my heart! :O)

Love and God's Blessings,
Cat

Beka said...

Thank you so much, my friend! That was very undeserved... and so very sweet of you! Unfortunately, I can't post my own, since the 3 main blogs I read (you, your mom, and Elise) have all just been tagged. But I do want to say that your blog is such a blessing, and always a beautiful place to visit!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

What? I left a comment here last night! Grrrr!
What I said was, (I think) -
I forgive you. :)
I love coming here - I settle a little more deeply into my chair when I see you've posted something new - you're my steaming hot tea that warms me as it goes down!
Love you, friend!

Kristen said...

You are a treasure!