Saturday, November 25, 2006

Being Sick

This is my first time being sick as a mommy...

A year ago I would have taken myself to the couch to sleep off my ill health. I would have most likely slept most of the day. Today, however, I have spent most of my day with little Miss S who seems to sense that Mommy isn't feeling well and wants to make her adorable presence known! I suspect that she may be under the weather as well. She isn't napping well today and doesn't seem as happy playing on the floor or in her swing.

Mr. S is helping when he can which is a blessing. Just a little while ago, however, he betook himself to the desk to get some work done. So Mommy and daughter bundled up together in our big green blanket (the only one which isn't packed away) and started to watch one of Mommy's favorite movies, Emma. Miss S promptly fell asleep.

Aside from my feeling under the weather, we are doing pretty well with our packing. I feel like we got a lot done this weekend. Lord willing, soon Miss S and mommy will be watching movies together in front of a fireplace. Our move is in less then 2 weeks. I can't believe it. I can't wait to pick out my sweet retreat. I have a couple of areas in mind. We'll see.

God has been so good to our little family. I hope we will honor him and be known as a family that serves the Lord.

Everyone enjoy your Lord's Day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Praying for you, friend.

Methinks that any place you are holding Miss S with Mr. S nearby will be a sweet retreat!

Maxine said...

Glad you're feeling better!
mama

Beverly said...

You are absolutely right, Elise! Thanks for the prayers.