Friday, November 10, 2006

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I am overwhelmed! We may very well be moving in less then four weeks, and we are going to be away or busy for some of that time. I felt like I had everything under control, and then I started packing. I feel now, that I can never get all this accomplished in the time we have. Okay, I know I am overreacting! I CAN do it, I just don't know where to start.

I don't want Miss S to feel that her life is being turned topsy turvy. I want her to feel normalcy through the move. She is very good about playing on the floor while I am packing, but she still eats every 2 1/2 hours. After I feed her, I like to play with her a little. Then I change her and cuddle her. Then the phone rings or I have to cook dinner or .... (fill in the blank). Then its time to feed her again!

I'm sure all you mothers with more then one out there are shaking your heads and laughing at me! In fact, as I read this post, I am laughing too. I have so much to be thankful for .... a daughter to cuddle, a husband to cook for, a house to move from and to! Food to cook, friends and family to talk to, things to pack ...etc.

Ok, I just needed to air my stress, and the very airing has calmed my spirit. After looking on all the blessings that God has given us, I feel ashamed for complaining at all. Thank you Lord. You have blessed us beyond imagining.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my.
I've moved with small children, but never a baby. I know that overwhelmed feeling, though, and it's okay to feel it!
You've done well to list some positive things in your life right now - there's nothing like speaking the truth to yourself to give you that extra push!
I have a verse for you - Romans 15:13 -
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."

Maxine said...

Okay, you know I can identify. So I won't preach. But you will probably stress several times in the coming weeks, I'm sorry to say. You know how we women are. When it gets bad, collect yourself, get some cider, and talk to the Lord. After you calm down, go and tackle it all again!

mama

Beverly said...

Elise .. thank you so much for that Scripture. That really spoke to my heart. I think I'll put it on an index card.

Mom ... thank you. I think I'll grab some cider!

Sara said...

I'll be praying for you Bev! That is really hard- moving only 2 months after having a baby. Stay calm!!!! :)