Friday, August 11, 2006

Comfort

What comes to your mind when you think of comfort? Do you know what I think of? I think of HOME. As a stay at home wife, I want Mr. S to love his home. I feel that it is one of my chief responsibilities as a loving wife to make our home a wonderful haven and a beautiful place for him to come home to. This doesn't mean that we have to have plush carpets, expensive furniture and ornate wall hangings!! (We don't - I assure you.)

I think comfort to Mr. S could mean the scent of a candle burning in our living room, a cleared off and polished coffee table, or the smell of spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove. It could mean Mrs. S (yes, thats me) flying to the door to greet him with a bear hug. It could mean that I accomplished something during the day that meant a lot to him. It could mean coffee together and meaningful conversation.

What does comfort mean to you?

4 comments:

Sara said...

Hmmmmm...to me, comfort means alot of things. Comfort can mean sitting back on a comfy couch to read a good book (when it's nice and quiet), being with godly friends and people, family, and you're right- home is a big comfort zone for me too. Spritually, comfort is when I go to read God's Word and reflect on Him.
It's easy to get wrapped up in wanting comfort only for ME- it's a daily battle to die to myself and try to serve others in this area. Being married really forces you to look to your spouses' wants and needs, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Amen. And may the Lord bless each and every one of those moments of comfort for you guys.

Beverly said...

Sara, you are so right. It really does. Lord willing, you will have a lot of love for the man you marry and it will give you great joy to serve him. I think it is wonderful that you are thinking about serving others even now!

Sara said...

Well, I still struggle with serving others- sometimes I wish it came a little easier! It's so easy for me to be selfish- but God is always gracious and gives me the strength to be a servant.