Friday, April 11, 2008

Puh-leeeeease Help Me!!!!

Here we go again! Okay, my short term memory isn't quite at its best right now. But this is really ridiculous. Its ok - you can agree with me. Oh wait, I haven't told you the story yet.

1. Took a trip to the Farmer's Market today like the happy little housewife I am.
2. Hubby is away for three days and I wanted to give Lena a special treat.
3. She loves flowers. Loves them. Every time we leave the house, she says goodbye to the daffodils in the front yard. She says good morning and good night to them too.
4. I am not the gardening type, and I have the most purple thumb on the planet. (Isn't that the opposite of green on the color wheel?) But I love flowers too!!
5. I followed these really cool looking "garden-savvy" ladies around hopefully without them realizing it.
6. I got the same flowers they did. They are so pretty! I had never heard of this type of flower before. I thought maybe Lena could care for them herself - with the appropriate purple-thumb supervision of course!
7. By the time I got into the car, I was mostly sure of the name of the flowers.
8. By the time we got home, I had no idea what kind of flowers we had just bought, and there is no identification on them whatsoever.

I NEED SOME HELP!! ANY GREEN THUMBS OUT THERE??
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
p.s. these flowers also come in red, pink, and white

6 comments:

Beka said...

The leaves look like geranium leaves-- maybe they're some fancy kind of geranium? My mom is coming over tonight and I'll ask her... she'll know for sure. :-)

Jodi said...

Maybe a begonia? Here's a link to a Double Yellow Begonia. :o)

Perhaps Lena will become your little gardener and shower you with blooms. I am always quite amazed at the talents my children have that they obtained from whence I know not.

Enjoy your plant ... it may be unidentified, but it is very lovely. ;o)

Mimi said...

I agree with Jodi, it does look somewhat like a Begonia...
give Lena a few years and she will be able to tell you what it is...
she will probably take cuttings off it and have them all over the yard...

Maxine said...

I'm anxiously waiting to find out. You know that I won't be able to help you.

Beka said...

OK, my mom says it is definitely a tuberous begonia.

:-)

Beverly said...

Lena and I thank you so much everyone!