Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Update on Selena

all snuggly wuggly the day after her MRI

I just talked to the surgeon, and she said that Selena appears to have a venous malformation, which is an abnormal collection of veins. She was born with it, and will always have it. It doesn't appear to be compressing any nerves or interfering with anything else, so we will just watch it and make sure it doesn't become symptomatic.

The only downside to it not being a hemangioma is that it will not disappear. She will always have a slight asymmetry to her shoulders. But we are so thankful that she won't need surgery!!

I would run and give her a big hug, but she is napping :-)

8 comments:

Beka said...

Yay! Praise the Lord! What a relief!

Maxine said...

Yes!!! Thank the Lord!

Jodi said...

Beverly ~ I'm so glad your little darling won't need surgery. What a relief to your "mommy heart."

Stacy said...

Beverly,
YAY! Praise God!!! I'm so glad with you! :)

~Stacy

Andrea said...

Praise the Lord!!
My little one has Horner's syndrome (the need for the MRI at 4 mos) and so that means that the nerve that raises his eyelid and dialates his pupil is basically not working.He has a slight droop to one of his eye. (ptosis) It doesn't affect his vision, but he also has a slight asymmentry with his eyes. *smile* But I don't even notice it.

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Breathing a sigh of relief with you, friend. Just looking at that sweet, happy face makes me *smile*! (I've been known to sneak in and hug even during naps... it doesn't always end well.) :)
Praise the Lord for His care, and for His loving hand that will always be upon Selena. Always.

TO BECOME said...

Beverly that is wonderful. When she wakes up give her a hug for me also. Let her give you one, just for good measure. connie from Texas

Cathy said...

Oh, Dear, I didn't know you were going through all this. Thank the Lord she doesn't have to have surgery! I just pray for her to be made whole, in Jesus mighty name. Nothing is too hard for our God. I know you're glad that's over. Blessings to you and your family.