A household update:
1. Mr. S has a new job with another engineering firm! We are excited, and of course a little nervous. He now has the option of taking the train to work. Early this morning, little Lena and I took him to the train station to see him off on his very first day. I felt like a mommy dropping their child off for kindergarten. He looked so cute all dressed up with his briefcase. I am praying that God will bless him in this new position, and cause him to be a light in his workplace.
2. Sleepless nights. The sleeping debacle was not a one time thing. I stayed up for the greater part of the night for two nights in a row praying constantly. Feeling inadequate. Wondering if we were handling this in the right way. Wondering if she was being defiant, or if she was truly scared. Fighting tears because I was so very tired. The last two nights have been a dream, but I don't think we have seen the last of this. We are praying that God will direct us.
3. "Maaa-maaa." The morning after one of the sleepless nights, I stumbled to the crib into my daughter's uplifted arms. "Maaamaaa!" I heard a sweet voice say. I enveloped her in a long hug. It's all worth it.
4. Happy days. Many happy times have been had during the day. This age is so much fun. She pretends to dust and to fold clothes. We chuckle together while making funny faces in the mirror. We cuddle while eating Cheerios. Last night on the way home from church, we all sang hymns together. Lena adding her "Ummmm ... ahhhhh ....dadadadada" (her version of singing). We've had multiple cookouts since we've gotten a grill. So much fun ... and so yummy!
She loves the little neighbor girls and will call out to them from the front door. These pics are from our video camera ... our digital hasn't been fixed yet!!
5. Family times. We all got together for an Olive Garden dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday and my sister's graduation! It was a fun time, but I was embarassed to look at the floor under Lena's highchair. How do you moms handle this? I ended up bending down to pick up some of the bigger crumbs!
The next day, we went north to visit my husband's family. Lena is blessed with an abundance of cousins that love her so much. I love it that she is starting to interact with them. I wish I could have gotten some pictures of their fun!
6. Hopes and desires. I have such a full heart of hopes for my child and our little family. I want us to serve the Lord always. I want Lena to love her Savior. I want to be a helpmeet to my husband and to keep a righteous home. I want us to be an encouragement to others. I had so much time to think of this as I was awake in the middle of the night. Lord ... let our little family be a light for you!!